Tuesday 17 January 2012

Bananacake / Bananabread

Today I had to get rid of my Bananas. I don’t know how you feel about this but if they are too yellow or already have brown spots I simply cannot eat them.

I like them when they are a bright yellow with maybe a hint of green, then they taste the fruitiest I think.
Not too green of course or you get that weird furry sensation on your tongue.

So today it was time again for the - in my opinion - easiest cake recipe in the world:

Simply throw it all into your kitchen machine, into a cake form – bake- ready.

Ingredients:
150g Butter
3 Eggs
200g Sugar
2 spoons Vanillasugar
125 ground Hazelnuts (if you don’t have any handy you can also use chopped Walnuts or any other nuts. If you have a nut allergy, maybe you can use coconut or simply leave them out)
250g flour
2 spoons Baking powder
3 Bananas

My Tip: if you wish you can add little chocolate-bits to the dough. Dark Chocolate works best.



Mash the bananas slightly with a fork and add all the other ingredients into a bowl while mixing with a mixer. How handy is a proper kitchenmachine:
it is doing the job for you and you simply have to measure & add the ingredients and can in the meantime also entertain your Toddler. Fantastic!

Grease a loaf tin form and cover with breadcrumbs or flour.

Add the dough and bake for ca. 50 minutes at 180°C in a fan oven.
Finished – it can’t get any easier!

If you wish you can melt white chocolate and cover the cake with it – once cooled and put on a plate. It looks just lovely when the chocolate even runs down at the sides a little bit.

I personally love my Banana cake just plain and simple with eventually Chocó inside but not on the outside.

Only since I am here in Ireland I know that my Banana cake is here called Bananabread.

I tasted this kind of “bread” at an office occasion once and was a bit sceptical. I simply thought it is the typical Irish Soda Bread with some Banana in it or so….. different countries have different tastes....

How relieved was I when I figured out it is simply just what I know as MY banana cake :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews